45 casualties in CNH
The Director of the Colombo National Hospital Dr. Hector Weerasinghe
told the 'Sunday Observer' that of the 95 persons admitted to the
hospital yesterday with burn and blast injuries, only 45 are currently
receiving treatment. The rest of the patients have been transferred to
various surgical units and the Police Hospital at Natrahenpita.
He said nine persons who were in a critical condition had been
transferred to the Intensive Care Unit.
The director further added the hospital was well stocked with
medicine for the treatment of the injured.