Children's info desk:
Last week we carried some of the tallest buildings in the world. Here
are some more
7. Another new building, completed in 2010 in China, the Zifeng Tower
in Nanjing is the world's seventh tallest building at 1476 feet (450
metres) with a mere 66 floors of hotel and office space.
8. Tallest Building in North America: Willis Tower (formerly known as
the Sears Tower) in Chicago, Illinois, United States. Completed in 1974
with 110 stories and 1451 feet (442 metres).
9. The Kingkey 100 in Shenzhen, China was completed in 2011 and has
100 floors and is 1449 feet (442 metres).
10. The Guangzhou International Finance Center in Guangzhou, China
was completed in 2010 with 103 stories at a height of 1439 feet (439
11. The Trump International Hotel and Tower in Chicago, Illinois,
United States, is the second tallest building in the United States and
like the Willis Tower, is also located in Chicago.
This Trump property was completed in 2009 with 98 stories and at a
height of 1,389 feet (423 metres).
12. Jin Mao Building in Shanghai, China. Completed in 1999 with 88
stories and 1380 feet (421 metres).
13. Al Hamra Firdous Tower is an office building in Kuwait City,
Kuwait was completed in 2011 at a height of 1,354 feet (413 metres) and
14. Two International Finance Centre in Hong Kong, China. Completed
in 2003 with 88 stories and 1,352 feet (412 metres).
15. CITIC Plaza in Guangzhou, China. Completed in 1996 with 80
stories and 1,280 feet (390 metres).
16. Shun Hing Square in Shenzhen, China. Completed in 1996 with 69
stories and 1,260 feet (384 metres).
17. Empire State Building in New York, New York state, United States.
Completed in 1931 with 102 stories and 1,250 feet (381 metres).
18. Central Plaza in Hong Kong, China. Completed in 1992 with 78
stories and 1,277 feet (374 metres).
Almost all schools are having sports practices and preparing for
sports meets. These meets are good for children, because they help them
to build team spirit and also make them to learn to compete and accept
victory and defeat with the same spirit.
The individual games will also help you to compete and strengthen
your character as well.
Enjoy yourselves while engaging in sports practices as this is the
time of the year when you don't have to concentrate on studies.