1.Which is hotter, the centre of the Earth or surface of the Sun?
2. What are the two main metals in the Earth’s core?
3. What do you call molten rock before and after it has erupted?
4. You can see the Great Wall of China from space. True / false?
5. Name the three time periods of the dinosaurs.
6. Do stalactites rise from the floor or hang from the ceiling of
7. What do you call a person who studies rocks?
8. ‘Cascade’, ‘horsetail’, ‘plunge’ and ‘tiered’ are types of what?
9. What is the second most common gas found in the air we breathe?
10. What is the name of the layer of Earth’s atmosphere that absorbs the
majority of the potentially damaging ultraviolet light from the Sun?
11.What is the name of the deepest location in the world’s oceans?
12. Outside of Antarctica, what is the largest desert in the world?
13. Someone who studies earthquakes is known as what?
14. Name the two elements the mass of the Earth is mostly made up of ?
15.The gemstone ruby is typically what colour?
1. What are the bones that make up your spine called?
2. The shape of DNA is known as?
3. What are the bones around your chest that protect organs such as the
4.Your ears are important when it comes to staying balanced.True /false?
5.By which name is the outside layer of skin on the human body called?
1.The centre of the Earth
2. Iron and nickel
3. Magma and lava
5. Triassic, Jurassic and Cretaceous
6. They hang from the ceiling
7. A geologist
8. They are types of waterfall
9.The second most common gas found in the air we breathe is Oxygen
(21per cent )
10.The ozone layer
12.The Sahara Desert in Africa
14. Iron (32per cent) and oxygen (30per cent)
2. A double helix
3. The bones around your chest that protect organs such as the heart are
5. The outside layer of skin on the human body is called the epidermis .